Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My personal update

Today was a good day and a lot got accomplished, matter of fact, this whole week was good. Bought a new holster for my gun and a machete for my wife, which she loves. Picked up a lot more canned food and stocked up on some other supplies that could become helpful in a shtf situation. However, today was especially good because I finally had the time to go and fire off the new hand gun, my Sig p250c. What an amazing gun, ill tell you now, I'm really satisfied with that purchase.

I learned about the food storage techniques through a few awesome videos, and I wanted to give a shout-out to all the authors of those videos. Thank you for your effort and time. But by utilizing the Mylar bag/oxygen method, and cross loading several buckets, I think ill be able to maximize my food reserves. Plus it'll be easy to grab several buckets in a run and have all kinds of food to take with you, as opposed to hoping the one bucket you have is filled with rice instead of oil or salt.

I wanna go over my bug out bag just a few more times because I feel like its important to have it. The things that are in there can save my life, and so in an emergency I need to have the right tools. That will be my next weeks job:

Fix the bug out bag.

Oh and here is my shooting target from today.


1 comment:

  1. It is great to hear when a fellow prepper increases their supplies & even better to hear they had a great time in the process. Thanks for the additional inspiration.

    ReplyDelete